Report a food-related illness or complaint
- Did you get sick from something you ate?
- Did you attend an event where people became ill?
- Is there a problem with a restaurant you visited or food item you purchased?
Kansas Department of Health & Environment and Kansas Department of Agriculture work cooperatively to investigate foodborne illness outbreaks.
Report a problem with a restaurant or food that did NOT cause illness
— Email email@example.com
— Or call 785-564-6767
Why It's Important to Report Food Poisoning
- When two or more people get the same illness from the same contaminated food or drink, the event is called a foodborne outbreak.
- Reporting illnesses to the state health department helps them identify potential outbreaks of foodborne disease.
- Public health officials investigate outbreaks to control them, so more people do not get sick in the outbreak, and to learn how to prevent similar outbreaks from happening in the future.
Fruits and vegetables image courtesy of CDC/Mary Anne Fenley